Savage Universal Announces Schedule for Live Photography Demonstrations at the 2016 Wedding & Portrait Photography Conference & Expo
Expo demonstrations will showcase a variety of new photographic background and studio equipment featuring a diverse lineup of skilled instructors
Chandler, AZ (February 4, 2016) — Savage Universal, the worldwide leader of backgrounds and photographic products, is pleased to announce an engaging lineup of live studio demonstrations during the WPPI (Wedding & Portrait Photographers International) Expo in March 2016.
The Savage Universal Corporation exhibition booth #833 in the Grand Ballroom of the MGM Hotel in Las Vegas, NV will host live portrait demonstrations featuring popular studio gear like seamless paper backdrops, Translum diffusion material and an array of new LED lighting and accessories on Monday, March 7th and Tuesday, March 8th. The booth will feature a dedicated working studio space complete with seating and viewing for expo attendees. Featured speakers include a diverse lineup of skilled fashion, commercial and portrait photographers. The in-booth demonstrations will focus on a variety of photography niches and styles helpful for any attendee, whether beginner or seasoned professional.
From Business to Bold in One Headshot Session
- Marc Anthony and Tony Ryan of the creative team, Marc & Tony, show you how to create a dynamic business headshot and with a little creativity turn the same shoot into a bold fashion session, all by using simple lighting and a reversible, collapsible backdrop.
- Featured products: Savage Collapsible Backdrops
Getting Serious with Savage Translum
- Miguel Quiles, expert commercial & portrait photographer, will show off a variety of studio applications for our top-rated Translum diffusion material and new studio accessories.
- Featured products: Savage Translum®
Bringing Outdoor Textures into the Studio
- Nick Pappagallo, fine art photographer & founder of the Photographer Adventure Club, demonstrates how he creates standout imagery in the studio using natural textures and background patterns found commonly outdoors.
- Product Spotlight: Savage Printed Background Paper
Working with Constant Lighting for Perfect Detail Photos
- Senior portrait expert, David Hakamaki of Cutting Edge Photography, breaks down the new Savage Cobra LED Light Kit with tips for adjusting lighting to capture the finest details of your models’ best features.
- Featured products: Savage Cobra LED Light Kit
Creating Vibrant Pin Up Style Portraits with Bright Backgrounds
- Acclaimed portrait & wedding photographer, Jacquelynn Buck, shows off her vibrant style and creative posing on bright paper backdrops for a nostalgic pin up look. Learn about her favorite background colors to use with models, and specific tips on wardrobe and lighting when working with pin up & boudoir style session clients.
- Featured products: Savage Seamless Paper
Incorporating Patterns into Your Portraits
- Hernan Rodriguez, international award-winning commercial & portrait photographer, will demonstrate how he incorporates subtle patterns and colors into his backgrounds for a unique and eye-catching look, as well as discuss the ideal occasions to work with fun patterns and styles.
- Featured products: Savage Printed Background Paper
"Savage is once again looking forward to working with a diverse group of photography educators to host interactive, informational product demonstrations and portrait tips we hope all conference attendees can take away useful information from." said Rich Reiser, Savage’s COO. "We are especially excited to debut new studio lighting gear and accessories at the show, as a great opportunity for attendees to experience their essential benefits and innovative upgrades up close and personal."
Schedules and more details will be posted on the Savage Universal blog this month. For more questions on Savage’s attendance at WPPI 2016, email press(at)savagepaper(dot)com.
From its beginning in 1937 as a manufacturer of quality board and paper products, Savage has provided photographers the essential elements for success. Family-run from the start, Savage has a commitment to quality and innovation that defined the company in the beginning and continues to define it today. Products such as photographic backgrounds continue to be a key focus of Savage’s manufacturing efforts, but there’s much more to the Savage story. The company continues to develop innovative products, especially in the digital arena, to meet the needs of today’s more diverse photography community—professionals and semiprofessionals alike.